Seems like forever since my last post (Delicious Toblerone Brownie recipe) which funnily enough, was regrammed by Toblerone Global’s Instagram account! I’ve been suuuuper busy both at work, and with the blog.
Last night I attended an amazing event hosted by LCBO at Antler Kitchen & Bar Restaurant in Toronto.
This was my first time at Antler and I can safely say that based on the menu and food that was served last night, it has entered my top ten list of restaurants to visit in Toronto!
Myself, alongside fellow bloggers, friends and other media got to sample some of Chef Michael Hunter’s delicious creations! Each course was paired with a different wine, supplied by LCBO of course, and they did not disappoint! Have a look at last night’s menu:
- Charcuterie and Cheese
- Wine pairing: Seriously Cool Red VQA
- Locally Foraged Wild Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Crema
- Wine pairing: Sue-Ann Staff Fancy Farm Girl Frivolous White VQA
- Roast and Confit of Duck with Lentils, Harvest Vegetables & Wild Blueberry Jus
- Wine pairing: Chateau des Charmes Pinot Noir Estate Grown VQA
- Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel & Wild Black Walnuts
- Wine pairing: Chateau des Charmes Vidal Ice wine 2015
My favourite course of the evening was HANDSDOWN the Locally Foraged Wild Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Crema!!
Chef Michael Hunter mentioned that the mushrooms used for the soup were hand-picked THAT DAY!
The ingredients were so fresh, which made for such an amazing, delicious soup!
Here are some photos from the event that I hope you like! I was super excited to see so many familiar Toronto faces seated at our intimate gathering. With noteworthy attendees including Chatelaine Magazine, Much Music, as well as representatives from each of the Wineries that provided wines for us to taste throughout the evening, which was a really nice touch!
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick