Have a look at what I’m cooking up in the kitchen with Catelli SuperGreens Pasta!
Not only are the Catelli SuperGreens Pastas NEW, they’re also PACKED with some delicious greens! They’re an ALL-NATURAL pasta with spinach, zucchini, broccoli, parsley and kale. Seriously guys! If you flip the box over to the ingredient list, you’ll see all of these healthy ingredients up there! An ALL-NATURAL pasta packed with healthy green ingredients? That is definitely something I can get on board with!
I had a ton of fun in the kitchen with Catelli SuperGreens this weekend!
The recipe I have for you today is super easy, and super delicious! I think total meal prep time came out to around 25 mins, and the one box of Catelli super greens pasta I used made four servings. I’m always cautious when making pasta for me and S, in that I want to make sure we have enough protein AND greens, opposed to just a giant bowl of carbs. NO ONE feels good after devouring heaps of pasta, no matter how delicious the sauce!
And let’s be honest, we live in a health conscious world now, and more and more of us are looking for healthy alternatives while still wanting to enjoy the classics! Am I right? This is one of the reasons why I love this line of Catelli SuperGreens Pasta. It’s low in fat and sodium, plus has a high amount of fibre and all natural ingredients.
So for this recipe, I opted for organic lean ground chicken as protein which I made into medium-sized meatballs (three per person), and cremini mushrooms and yellow zucchini for extra veg and nutrients to complement!! Have a look at the recipe breakdown and photos below for some great food and kitchen inspiration, and share some of your pasta recipes with me in the comments section! Can’t wait to hear what you have cooking up!
- Boil for 8 minutes for an al-dente texture.
- Strain the pasta and add it back to the pot.
- Add four tablespoons of basil pesto.
- Mix and let cool for 1 minute
- In a bowl, mix half a cup of Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs, two eggs, couple dashes of dried parsley & half a teaspoon of chili flakes.
- Pull apart some of the mixed ground chicken into portion sizes about the size of half of your palm.
- Roll until nicely even and molded into a ball, and lightly sear on a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Leave in pan (with a cover) to cook on low, rotating them every few minutes not to burn.
- Cook until evenly golden-brown.
- Steam in a stove-top steamer for approx. 8-10 minutes, or until the zucchini has reached a soft, chewy texture.
- Add a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil to a non-stick pan.
- Turn heat to medium high until the olive oil is warm.
- Add 1 package of mushrooms to the pan and cook until golden brown and texture is soft and tender.
How simple is that?! Now just add your veggies to the pasta/pesto mix and serve with three meatballs and you’re all set!
For more Catelli SuperGreens Pasta recipes, head over to their kitchen and get inspired by what they’ve got cooking up!
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick