A Delicious Thai Mango Salad Recipe perfect for your family dinners!
I love this recipe by President’s Choice! One of my favourite restaurants in the city, happens to be a Thai Restaurant, and they serve one of the BEST mango salads I’ve ever had. Every time I visit or order takeout, I’m always trying to decipher the ingredients they use to make my own at home! This Thai Mango Salad recipe from Loblaw’s and President’s Choise is easily made at home, so I thought I’d share! Don’t worry about how ripe the mangoes are, it is equally delicious made with green (unripe) mangoes; in fact, it is easier to cut an under ripe mango although it is more tart.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 180 calories, fat 8 g, sodium 420 mg, carbohydrate 26 g, fibre 5 g, protein 4 g. Source of fibre.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Half red finger chili, sliced in thin rounds (with seeds)
- 1 Tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh lime juice
- 4 Tsp (20 mL) fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) PC® 100% Pure First-Pressed Canola Oil
- 2 PC® Flavour Burst Kent Mango
- 2 carrots, cut in thin matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Half sweet red pepper, cut in thin matchsticks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly-packed cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly-packed leaves PC® Fresh Mint
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC® Dry Roasted Lightly Seasoned Peanuts, chopped
- Stir together garlic, chili, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and oil in large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Peel mangoes with vegetable peeler. Cut flesh away from pits. Cut one mango into thin matchsticks and thinly slice the other.
- Add mangoes, carrots, onions, pepper, cilantro and mint to lime dressing in bowl; toss to combine. Transfer to platter; sprinkle with peanuts.
TIP: A mandolin is the best tool to achieve evenly julienned vegetables in the minimum time.
Photo and recipe by Loblaw’s & President’s Choice.
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know how your’s turned out by commenting the comments section below!
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick
Stay Humble. Stay True. Stay Inspired.