Feels like I’ve been taking a hiatus from the blog for a while now, huh!? Truthfully I’ve just been taking time away from behind the screen and enjoying life! Labour day weekend felt awesome, to just kickback with my hubster and pupster and re-energize. We’re getting all ready for fall – my favourite season!
Together, the three of us relaxed, Netlflixed, and (actually) chilled! I also baked (because that’s what I do when I’m bored, of course) some not-so-fantastic white chocolate chip cookies. I won’t share the recipe with you to save you from making overly sweet treats with an inconsistent texture LOL! Definitely wasn’t my finest kitchen moment. These Toblerone brownies on the other hand…. oh baby!
The first batch I made a few years ago, when I was experimenting with new baking recipes, was the best I’d ever made! I’ve been trying to recreate them ever since, specially after S told me there were his ALL-TIME favourite brownies! No pressure, right?
Toblerone is one of my favourite “commercial” chocolate brands, and my family typically spoils my stocking around Christmas time with more bars than I can carry. So Xmas is always Toblerone brownie time! But I didn’t wan’t to wait until December to share my coveted delicious Toblerone brownie recipe with all of you, so here it is!
I hope you enjoy your very own Toblerone Brownies with this quick and easy recipe!
- 200g of Toblerone chocolate finely chopped.
- 2 eggs.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 3/4 cups melted butter.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3/4 cups white sugar.
- 3/4 cups brown/golden sugar.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped.
- Heat oven to 365°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in bowl and mix continuously, like you’re beating eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine your flour, chopped Toblerone chocolate, walnuts, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly pour the contents from your medium bowl into your large bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly into your greased pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
Makes either 9 large, or 16 regular brownies.
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick