Hey friends! Today I’ve got an awesome home style shrimp recipe for pico de gallo shrimps that are perfect for summer!
This recipe is another one from the Loblaw’s & President’s Choice cookbook! I originally sampled these delicious shrimp during their PC Insider’s Collection Summer Soiree in Toronto! They were to die for and I had to get my hands on the recipe! S isn’t a huge fan of shrimp, but I definitely am. Grocery shopping with us is always pretty funny in the seafood aisle because I’m 100% pro any and all seafood. Whereas, he can do without any and all seafood except for tuna & salmon lol!
A good grilled shrimp recipe is key for entertaining.
Grilled shrimp are so quick and so easy. I love them topped with a little olive oil drizzle, simple spices like salt, pepper and curry or even a tangy salsa! There are so many variations to try, and what I love most: their great for serving to your vegetarian/pescatarian friends who are always on the hunt for meatless options!
Have a look at this recipe below, courtesy of Loblaw’s & President’s Choice and let me know what you think of the flavours in the comments section below!
Our Mexican-inspired pico de gallo salsa acts as both marinade and sauce in this brightly-flavoured barbecued shrimp appetizer. Substitute spicy pico de gallo, if you prefer.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Marinate Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 pkg (400 g) PC® Raw Zipperback Black Tiger Shrimp – Gigantico 16-20 Count, thawed.
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) PC® 100% Pure Safflower Oil.
- 1/2 Tsp (2 mL) ground coriander.
- 1/2 Tsp (2 mL) ground cumin.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC® Pico de Gallo Mild Salsa.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Toss shrimp, oil, cumin, coriander and 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the pico de gallo in bowl, stirring until coated. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Place shrimp on grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden-pink and cooked through. Place in clean serving bowl; toss with remaining pico de gallo. If desired, garnish with lime wedges and coriander sprigs. Serve hot.
Note: Recipe and photo belong to Loblaw’s & President’s Choice.
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick