There’s nothing quite like a good risotto, am I right?
Risotto is creamy, tasty and most of all, comforting! And I’m a huuuuge fan of comfort food, as much as I try to eat healthy. I find that as we crept into November, my cravings for comfort foods shot up! I baked two pies last week, individual warm apple crumbles, a twice baked lasagna, homemade bread and now this risotto!
For this Easy Risotto Recipe recipe I used Riso Bello’s Classic Arborio Italian Rice.
I recently bought a spiralizer from Williams Sonoma and I was dying to try it out. I figured a good risotto with some fresh vegetables would be the perfect opportunity. So I spiralized one fresh organic raw carrot, and it gave me enough for the entire risotto! I also added some fresh shiitake mushrooms and sliced red onions for a soft kick of flavour.
The fewer ingredients, the better!
What I love about this recipe are the few ingredients. As rule of thumb in my kitchen, the fewer ingredients, the better?! Why complicate things, right? Packaged foods already come with a ton of ingredients (and preservatives), so the fewer ingredients I can add to a recipe, the better. That being said, fresh vegetables are an exception!
Serves: 4. 20 minutes to prepare.
- 1 Package of Riso Bello’s Classic Arborio Italian Rice
- 1 organic raw carrot (unpeeled, washed)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 red onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 1/2 cups of shiitake mushrooms (raw)
- 900ml of organic vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of grated parmesan per serving
- In one saucepan, bring one cup of your vegetable stock to a boil, and add in your package of rice, regularly stirring slowly for 5-8 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, gently sauté your garlic, mushrooms and onions with your olive oil, until they lightly brown.
- When the stock in the saucepan of your rice begins to reduce, gently add another cup of stock, raising the level so that all your rice is completely covered. Let this second cup of stock and rice sit on medium heat for another 5-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- At this point, you can add any spices or seasonings that you like. I think I added a dash of salt, pepper and dry parsley to mine!
- Once the rice has reached a soft, creamy texture and the stock has reduced completely, you can add in your parmesan, carrots, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Gently mix all ingredients in your pot.
- Serve two ladles of risotto per person.
And voila – this easy risotto recipe is now yours! And it only takes 20 minutes to prepare – the perfect comfort food for a super busy weeknight! Try it at home and let me know what you think in the comment section below!