For myself and a lot of my friends, summer means burger season. Especially when it comes to backyard entertaining.
For a lot of us, summer equally means getting and staying as fit as possible, which includes eating healthy. This combination of burger season and TRYING to stay healthy, invariably leads to us all scouring the internet for healthy burger recipes, and healthy burger alternatives. But not all burgers are necessarily UNhealthy!
This Salmon Burger Recipe is the DEFINITION of a healthy summer meal!
The recipe here today is part of the 15 recipes I mentioned to you a few posts back and is entirely brought to you by Loblaws and President’s Choice! The recipe is fully theirs, just think of my as the messenger! 🙂 I hope you enjoy the recipe and give it a go at your next backyard bbq! It really is a super easy salmon burger recipe and anyone can try!
PC® Naan Salmon Burger with Shaved Fennel Apple Slaw!
President’s Choice naan rounds make it easy to serve burgers open-faced without looking like you’ve forgotten half the bun! Whole wheat naan rounds were used for this summery salmon burger topped with a fresh fennel slaw, but you can substitute white if you prefer.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 420 calories, fat 27 g, sodium 1110 mg, carbohydrate 22 g, fibre 6 g, protein 26 g
Source of fibre
- 1 pkg (568 g) PC® Loads of Spinach & Parmesan Atlantic Salmon Burgers
- 2 cups (500 mL) shaved fennel
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienned apple (skin on)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fennel fronds
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tsp (10 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/8 Tsp (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pieces PC® Whole Wheat Naan Rounds Buns
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) PC® black label Classic Aioli Whipped Dressing
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- Brush grill with vegetable oil and preheat barbecue to medium. Place frozen burgers on grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Toss together fennel, apple, onion, fennel fronds, parsley, oil, lemon juice, mustard and pepper.
- Toast naan rounds on grill 1 minute, turning halfway, or until charred. Place on plates; spread with aioli. Top each with a salmon burger, a leaf of lettuce and one-quarter of the fennel slaw.
TIP: Use a mandolin to thinly shave fennel. You will need less than one whole fennel to make 2 cups (500 mL) thinly shaved.
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick
Stay True. Stay Humble. Stay Inspired.