A week ago I was in Vegas (I’ll share some photos soon!) for a work conference and was staying at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Given that I’d be there for four days with a per diem budget for food, naturally I searched what restaurants were in the hotel and which ones were close by. There were a few that caught my eye for dinners with S, but none really for a healthy breakfast or post-workout meal.
I didn’t think much of it, didn’t make any reservations either and figured I’d just wing it. So we got to Vegas and just when I thought I’d be surrounded by steakhouses and burger joints… enter: The Juice Standard, a totally organic menu of toasts, cold pressed juices and more. Their motto, which I LOVED, was: “if we can’t source organic, we simply won’t serve it.”
I shared a pic or two on my Instagram feed of some of my favourite toasts from Vegas.
One of the toasts at The Juice Standard actually inspired this recipe. Every week me and S get a bag of sprouts in our produce bag and we rarely know what to do with them, other than tossing them into our salads. Well after having the avocado toast from The Juice Standard, I love:
Bean sprouts topped on my avocado toast! So easy and so clever!
I like it when my guacamole/avocado mix has a bit of a kick, so you’ll see some punchier ingredients in my list below. You’re totally welcome to nix them and simply mash in any spices you like to make it your own!
- 2 ripe organic avocados
- 2 slices of Country Harvest “Ancient Grains” toast
- 1 organic red radish for decoration
- Half a teaspoon of chili flakes
- Zest of half a lemon
- Pinch of fresh coriander
- Quarter of a red onion, sliced and diced thinly
- Toast your slices of ancient grain toast in the toaster until golden brown
- In a small bowl, mash together your avocados with your spices (chili flakes & coriander), and lemon and onions.
- Top the avocado mix immediately after toast is toasted. This gives the bottom layer a good texture as it melts into the bread a bit – yummmmmmmm!
- Gently top with your bean sprouts and radish slices for an added kick.
BOOM! You’ve got yourself the yummiest avocado toast in all the land!
What are your favourite toppings for your toasts?! And what do YOU mix into your guacamole?! Let me know in the comments section below to inspire my next creation!
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick