I’VE JUMPED ON THE VEGAN BANDWAGON!
KIDDING! Well, kind of. But I DO have an awesome, super easy vegan banana bread recipe for you, that I made myself! I actually picked up the recipe from a friend of mine that I was supposed to bake this with, but since we haven’t had the chance to connect over the last few weeks, because get this; their new TV show is about to launch on Bell Fibe TV on August 2nd! (check it out here). I decided to take a stab at my first vegan recipe all by myself! And not to toot my own horn, but it was damn good!
I’ve got a delicious vegan banana bread recipe for you, with vegan chocolate chips, too!
Before I share all of the scrumptious ingredients and the how-to on making YOUR OWN vegan banana bread, a note on veganism. A lot of my friends know that I was a vegetarian for a year and I gave up because I hated having that “never again” label in my mind when it came to foods and meals that I loved, but had meat. After trying out a few new vegan recipes recently (some I actually really loved were from YamChops!), I think back to when I struggled as a vegetarian because I ended up almost exclusively eating lentils. But if I had an arsenal of awesome vegan recipes like this one, and more specifically for full vegan meals like I received from YamChops this week, I think it would have made the process THAT much easier.
Vegans generally take a lot of heat from society. When really, all their doing is making a conscious decision not to eat animals or animal by-products. I personally don’t see anything wrong with that whatsoever, and after having personally tried some truly awesome vegan recipes, I MIGHT be slowly hopping on that vegan bandwagon. The more recipes I share, the more you’ll have to let me know if you enjoy them! For now, a delicious vegan banana bread recipe for you!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of canola/safflower oil
- 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- t tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan (I use coconut oil for this).
- Mash 2 very ripe bananas.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup canned coconut milk (shaken or stirred!), 1/2 cup canola or safflower oil, 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- In a larger bowl sift 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp EACH ground nutmeg/cloves/ginger, 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Pour wet mixture into dry slowly, blending until just combined. Don’t overblend or it will turn the texture gummy!
- Fold in 1 cup dark chocolate chips. Pour into bundt pan and bake 45-50 minutes, turning halfway to ensure even cooking.
- Let cool before popping out of the bundt pan.
Nick Joly | Inspired by Nick
Stay True. Stay Humble. Stay Inspired.