This weekend I took this recipe from Loblaws & President’s Choice and RAN WITH IT! This is a super simple, super easy tomato crostini recipe that is PERFECT for summer! Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or your own haute dinner party, you really can’t go wrong with fresh, healthy ingredients like tomatoes and basil! Am I right?
I know that my personal favourite appetizers are the ones served on a fresh toasted baguette!
Bruschetta actually happens to be a personal weakness of mine that double’s up as my go-to summer appetizer when entertaining. My friends will tell you (hopefully good) things about my bruschetta, but I can’t take all the credit. The recipe I use for it is my mom’s that’s been passed down to me over the years. I remember watching her and helping her make it anytime we were having guests over. And that’s what I love about this tomato crostini recipe, it reminds me of my mom.
Like I said, it’s super easy to make and boasts a delicious flavour that’s great for summer entertaining. I hope you enjoy this Loblaws and President’s Choice recipe for your summer cooking! Share your pics with me on instagram (@inspiredbynick) and twitter (@inspiredby_nick) and I’ll retweet!
This substantial grilled appetizer showcases fresh tomatoes and basil, arguably the most summery of summer flavours.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Per serving: 140 calories, fat 5 g, sodium 35 mg, carbohydrate 21 g, fibre 3 g, protein 4 g
- ¼ cup (50 mL) PC® black label Classic Aioli Whipped Dressing
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices herbed focaccia break
- 2 PC® Flavour Burst Tomato of Yore Beefsteak Tomatoes, cored, each cut in 4 slices
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
- Mix together aioli and basil; set aside.
- Grill focaccia 2 to 3 minutes, turning once halfway, or until toasted with grill marks. Spread each slice with aioli mixture; top with tomato. Garnish with extra basil leaves if desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: For a spicy kick, stir 1 Tsp (5 mL) hot sauce into the aioli mixture.
Note: photo and recipe are courtesy of Loblaws and President’s Choice.
Stay True. Stay Humble. Stay Inspired.