Who here is ready for wiiiiiiiiiiinter?!Because guess what, it is fast approaching! My friends and family over in Montreal have already sent me photos of what looks like a winter wonderland, covered in a perfect sheet of snow!
For me to feel winter-ready, it usually takes some colder weather, a good cup of tea, and my cozy weekend jogging pants. Then I can tackle the winter months, no prob! I wouldn’t say no to some cookies or comfort food either, come to think of it.
As me and S transition from fall to winter, our breakfasts seem to transition, too. Cereals turn to oatmeal, eggs turn to omelets, and toast turns to French toast!
And part of those winter breakfasts include those comfort food moments that breakfast sandwiches so naturally bring. Many of you know that as part of Burnbrae Farms’ #EGGCreations & #EGGHacks campaign, I challenged myself to come up with some interesting ones of my own! You can catch my #EGGCreation here with this 5-Minute Breakfast Sandwich with only 4 Ingredients!
Another EGG Creation that I thought might inspire you are these mason jar French toasts!
Ever since I shared this photo of them on my instagram, my friends have been going nuts!
They’re quite easy to make, too! And if you’re ever looking to host a brunch at your place for friends or family, maybe with some mimosas… these little mason jar French toasts will make for the cutest addition!
My husband can confirm that I’m absolutely terrible with meal prepping.
I seldom make time on the weekend to prepare any food at all for the week. Ultimately, this leads me to feeling rushed, every single morning, and defaulting to quick foods. That being said, I’m aware of the problem! First step, right? So when I made these mason jar French toasts,
I made some extras to store in the fridge for some mornings throughout my week!
- 1/3 loaf of fresh, crusty French bread, pulled apart into smaller pieces
- 300ml of Burnbrae Farm’s Liquid Eggs
- A pint of two of fresh berries
- Maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Add your cinnamon and nutmeg to your Egg Creation Liquid Eggs and whisk until even.
- Place your pieces of bread into a medium sized bowl and pour your liquid eggs and spice mix, evenly over the bread No piece of bread should be uncovered.
- Ensure that each piece of break soaks in your liquid egg mix for at least 3-5 minutes.
- Lightly and evenly butter a pan and place on medium-high heat. Once the butter starts to sizzle slightly, add your soaked pieces of bread and gently brown until they become golden.
- When it come to jarring your toasts, simply place enough pieces of bread for one serving, into one mason jar, and top with maple syrup, icing sugar and fresh berries.
- Serve with a side of mimosas! 🙂