Guess who has a set of 15 delicious & healthy recipes, perfect for YOUR summer soirees!?
I do!! But I definitely didn’t do it alone. Actually, most of the work came from Loblaws and President’s Choice, the kudos totally goes to them! But I AM happy to share all of their great recipes with you here on Inspired by Nick, to help inspire your yummy summer recipes and creations! A few weeks ago, I got to sample a bunch of these dishes at President’s Choice #PCSummer soiree, and let me tell you, from appetizers, to mains and desserts, these recipes are all so delicious!
Dig in to some summer recipe inspiration courtesy of Loblaws and President’s Choice!
The following recipe comes directly from President’s Choice! Bursting with flavour, this fresh tomato-watermelon salad can also be served over a bed of mixed greens. Big juicy chunks of tomato and watermelon deliver lots of gusto, but to prevent large bits of red onion from taking over, cut a whole red onion in quarters before thinly slicing.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 180 calories, fat 13 g, sodium 180 mg, carbohydrate 11 g, fibre 2 g, protein 5 g.
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) PC® Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp (5 mL) PC® black label Tarragon Prepared Mustard
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed watermelon
- 2 PC® Flavour Burst Tomato of Yore Beefsteak Tomatoes, cored and cut in 3/4-inch (2 cm) chunks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled drained PC® Feta Cheese in Brine
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) chopped toasted almonds
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, oil and parsley in bowl; set aside.
- Combine watermelon, tomatoes, onion, feta and almonds in large bowl; add vinaigrette and gently toss to combine.
LOBLAWS AND PRESIDENT’S CHOICE PRO TIPS!
TIP 1: Vinaigrette and salad can be prepared up to four hours in advance; keep separate and chilled and toss just before serving.
TIP 2: To make this salad for a picnic, prepare vinaigrette in step 1 and pour into a 4 cup (1 L) jar. Layer with remaining ingredients in same order as step 2 and screw lid tightly on jar. Just before serving, pour into a bowl and toss gently.
Stay True. Stay Humble. Stay Inspired.