What a fresh start to the week! This pineapple & banana smoothie bowl, topped with blueberries and granola has taken my heart. If I had the time every morning to make a smoothie like this, I would! I can’t get enough of delicious, nutritious smoothie bowls. Especially when they look this good!
This smoothie bowl recipe’s super fruit is Pineapple!
Exotic, right?! Well, it doesn’t have to be. After this pineapple arrived in our weekly produce batch from Fresh City Farms, it occurred to me, we rarely buy pineapples. I thought of how infrequently I eat them vs how much I love them! And they really are a super fruit. Here are five great reasons to prove it!
Pineapples are PACKED with Vitamin C, which is great for the winter.
Vitamin C is one of those vitamins that I’m always on the lookout for. Any way I can get my dose from a natural source, I’m on it! Red peppers are actually the highest concentrated fruit/vegetable for Vitamin C. Though, I’m not sure how great they’d taste in my smoothies J
Enjoy this pineapple-banana smoothie bowl recipe for breakfast!
- 300g of fresh, peeled, sliced pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of organic, unsweetened orange juice
- Optional: protein powder. Click here to find out which plant-based protein powder I use.
- Granola, coconut flakes and fresh blueberries to top.
Directions for a smoothie?! Really?! LOL! Why don’t we call them tips instead of instructions, because I can tell you, my first smoothies did NOT look or taste this good!
As much as I love the nutritional value of the skins of fruits and veggies, they just don’t jive in my smoothies! So peel all fruits and chop into smaller pieces, not to stress your blender!
- Toss your fruits into your blender,
- Top with your cinnamon,
- Pour your almond milk in until all your ingredients are covered,
- AND ADD YOUR PROTEIN POWDER LAST! This tip saves you from all the clumps that tend to stick to the sides of your cup. Yuk!
And lastly, pour your tasty fresh blend into a bowl and top with your granola, blueberries and coconut flakes for serving!